NEW YORK, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the first time ever, DoSomething.org, the largest not-for-profit for young people and social change, turned to its members, aged 13-25, for their ideas on how to tackle different social issues. From August 4 to August 10, the DoSomething.org community in partnership with Toyota will take on these campaigns in "The Hunt."
Seven creative social change campaign idea finalists were selected from DoSomething.org members – including YouTube stars Scott Hoying and Mitch Grassi of the popular a capella group "Superfruit" and singer Max Schneider. DoSomething.org members will activate their one-day campaigns in local communities across seven cause spaces including the environment, education, and physical and mental health. Because text messages have a whopping 97% open rate, these crowd-sourced actions will be sent directly to participants cell phones.
Among the young DoSomething.org member finalists are:
- Scott Hoying and Mitch Grassi, 22 and 21 years old, Los Angeles, California
- Alanna Wall, 14 years old, Dayton, Ohio
- Ethan Woodfill, 14 years old, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Jenna Robar, 18 years old, Nova Scotia, Canada,
- Joslynn Nyree, 18 years old, Sandy, Oregon
- Max Schneider, 22 years old, New York, New York
- Kyra Seeley, 17 years old, Middlesex, New Jersey
"The best ideas aren't always in the room," said Aria Finger, Chief Operating Officer at DoSomething.org. "This is the first time we've opened our platform to our members to share their social change campaign ideas. Since DoSomething.org is the largest organization for young people and social change, the Hunt gives young people the opportunity to elevate their ideas on a national scale."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV