NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Snap-On Inc. (SNA) are higher by 3.49% to $123.19 on heavy volume in mid-morning trading on Thursday following the company's 2014 second quarter earnings report, which showed an increase in net earnings to $106.1 million, or $1.80 per diluted share, compared to $88.4 million, or $1.50 per diluted share for the 2013 second quarter.
The company, which manufacturers and markets tools, equipment, repair information, and systems to professional users, posted an 8.2% increase in sales to $825.6 million from the year ago quarter.
For the most recent quarter the Capital IQ consensus estimate was for $1.68 per share, 12 cents less than what the company reported. Analysts expected revenue to be $810.06 million, compared to what Snap-On reporded.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SNAP-ON INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SNAP-ON INC (SNA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
SNA data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV