Water-Logged And Getting Wetter: Mattel (MAT)
- MAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $94.2 million.
- MAT has traded 2.9 million shares today.
- MAT traded in a range 304.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.70.
- MAT traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 145 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 145 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAT: Mattel, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets a range of toy products worldwide. The company operates in three segments: North America, International, and American Girl. It also publishes Advice and Activity books and the American Girl magazine. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. MAT has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Mattel a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mattel has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mattel has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.40 days to cover. Shares are down 18.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mattel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MAT has a quick ratio of 2.46, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 197.00% to $60.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MATTEL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 58.51%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MATTEL INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MATTEL INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.97%. Regardless of MAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.18% trails the industry average.
- MAT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.