"Oh, the Argentina team finally lost. My 50 yuan is gone!" On the morning of July 14, Gao Yuan, a white-collar worker in Beijing, watched the finals between Germany and Argentina.
To Gao Yuan, who had never participated in an SMG before, the topics discussed on various networking platforms since the start of the World Cup moved him.
Like Gao Yuan, during the World Cup in Brazil, more than 10,000 Chinese people bought lottery tickets over the Internet or though mobile terminals.
Data from the China National Sports Lottery Management Center shows that on the first day of the World Cup, the best-selling lottery SMG saw single-day sales of more than 150 million yuan; and subsequent single-day sales kept hitting new records, with sales of 900 million yuan in 4 days and 4 billion yuan in 9 days after the start of the games, overtaking the total sales of RMB2.3 billion during the World Cup South Africa.The passion for watching the World Cup in Brazil triggered a huge demand for lotteries. Thus, 2014 is also known as "the first year" of Chinese Internet lottery. Mobile app narrows the distance between white-collars and the World Cup Today, with almost everyone having a smartphone, apps have become omnipotent. Reading, entertainment, finding a restaurant, finding parking space, hiring a taxi, apps meet almost all useful or useless demands of life. During the World Cup this year, the most popular app was undoubtedly the lottery category. Mobile, entertainment, and social networking became common attributes of lotteries with the exception of purchasing of lotteries this summer. Lottery, as a highly standardized product, supports micro-payment and features a high degree of participation, so it is ideal for mobile users. However, this year, major platforms are eyeing mobile terminals, and in the future mobile terminal competition will become more intense.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV