BEIJING, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- "Did you buy a lottery ticket tonight?", " Brazil's team was the biggest loser; let's go to the roof (to commit suicide)!" During the World Cup this year, similar talk in China became hot topics on Weibo, WeChat and other social networking platforms.
According to Statistics from Caitongcs, an Internet-based lottery consulting company, since the World Cup in Brazil opened, one of the most popular lotteries by sales, a guessing-type lottery (hereinafter referred to as "SMG"), kept hitting record highs by single-day sales. As of last week, total sales of the World Cup SMG were approached RMB10 billion. Among these, purchases through the Internet and mobile terminals accounted for 70%. And the latest data shows that the World Cup has driven China SMG sales to soar by 400%.
Obviously, Chinese people are almost crazy for the World Cup.
World Cup drives Chinese LotteryIn China's capital, Beijing, the subway, an important transportation tool for people, carries more than ten million passengers every day. On the armrests of subway cars and advertising spaces of automatic doors, several lottery companies have been waging an advertising war since long before the World Cup: One lottery company launched brand promotion on all trains and called themselves "The World Cup Series", while another lottery company incorporated a photo of one of its employees into a poster to greet passengers. Even during the World Cup, in the Worker's Stadium, which is more beautiful in the night, and the bars in Sanlitun, lottery business advertising and marketing channels can be found everywhere. In a bar at the north gate of the Beijing Worker's Stadium, before the start of the match, guests can readily conduct quiz-betting for their favorite team by scanning a two-dimensional code from one lottery app, while in the hall downstairs, fans and their female friends can watch the games for free.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV