DEERFIELD, Ill., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Stationers Inc. (NASDAQ: USTR), a leading supplier of business essentials in North America, today announced that Larry D. Davis, president of ORS Nasco, the company's industrial supplies division, will be leaving the company on September 5, 2014 to become an equity partner, and executive vice president and chief commercial officer of Stellar Industrial Supply. Stellar is an industrial distributor and customer of United Stationers, based in Tacoma, Washington.
Mr. Davis will help to facilitate an orderly transition of his responsibilities over the next several weeks, while the company searches for a successor.
"On behalf of our senior management team and board of directors, I want to thank Larry for his significant contributions to United Stationers. His leadership over the years has helped to reposition the company for future growth," said Cody Phipps, president and chief executive officer of United Stationers. "We appreciate his help with the transition process and wish him much success in his new endeavor."
Company OverviewUnited Stationers Inc. is a leading supplier of business essentials, with 2013 net sales of $5.1 billion. The company stocks a broad assortment of over 140,000 items, including technology products, traditional office products, janitorial and breakroom supplies, office furniture, and industrial supplies. The Company's network of 64 distribution centers allows it to deliver these products to approximately 25,000 reseller customers. This network, combined with United's breadth and depth of inventory, enables the Company to ship most products overnight to more than ninety percent of the U.S. and major cities in Mexico and Canada. For more information, visit unitedstationers.com. United Stationers' common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol USTR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV