NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Alliance Data Systems Corp. (ADS) released its 2014 second quarter results and posted a 23% increase in revenue to $1.27 billion versus $1.03 billion from the year ago quarter.
The company, which provides transaction-based, data driven marketing and loyalty solutions for customers in various industries, said adjusted EBITDA increased 8% to $332 million for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $306 million from the 2013 second quarter.
Alliance Data Systems' earnings per share for the most recent quarter were up 20% to $2.90, from $2.41 for the 2013 second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Alliance Data issued soft guidance for the 2014 third quarter, expecting approximately $1.30 billion in revenue and $3.25 in core EPS. Analysts are expecting the company to report earnings per share of $3.49 on revenue of $1.35 billion next quarter. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP (ADS) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
ADS data by
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV