Story updated at 9:50 am to reflect market activity.
PNC Financial fell -1.3% to $84.06 in morning trading.
The analyst firm also reduced its EPS estimates for the company through 2016, due to net interest income pressure.Analyst Moshe Orenbuch wrote, "3Q'14 net interest income is expected to be down modestly. Fee income is expected to be stable and non-interest expenses is likely to be up low single digits. Management is guiding to 3Q'14 provision expense of $75-125mm and modest loan growth versus 2Q'14. This will likely result in lower earnings in 2H14 and lower earnings than previously forecasted in 2015 as well." Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. -------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC (PNC) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." PNC data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV