NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Philip Morris International, Inc.
(PM) are up 0.96% to $85.40 in pre-market trading on Thursday despite reporting a 13% decline in profit due to unfavorable currency exchange rates.
Net revenue grew 2.8% to $21.05 billion from $20.48 billion a year ago.
Adjusted earnings per share are projected to grow 6% to 8% from last year's $5.40 per share. Analysts project annual earnings of $5.14 per share.
Net earnings attributable to the cigarette maker slid to $1.85 billion, or $1.17 per share, from last year's $2.12 billion, or $1.30 per share.
Excluding asset impairment and exit costs, adjusted earnings per share were $1.41, while analysts surveyed by Reuters had expected earnings per share of $1.24.
PM data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV