July 17, 2014 – The International Design Awards (IDA) winners for 2013 have been selected, and Nautilus Inc. (NYSE: NLS), has earned a first place award in the Outdoor and Exercise Equipment Competition for its Bowflex MAX Trainer™ project.
The Bowflex Max Trainer(TM) combines the motion of an elliptical and stair stepper to help users burn up to 2.5 times the calories. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Nautilus Inc. product design team was challenged to create a cardio product for the home that motivates, engages, and gives users a full body workout. It had to cut the workout time in half, while pioneering a workout product not seen before in the fitness industry. The result is the Bowflex MAX Trainer™ – a one-of-a-kind cardio machine that burns more than two-and-a-half times the calories of other exercise equipment in 14 minutes and engages the upper body 80 percent more than a traditional elliptical. Its sleek design, inspired by high-performance motorcycles, enables full-body movement while remaining easier on the joints than running on a treadmill. In addition, users can track workouts using a free app for their smartphones.
"The IDA award is an incredible honor and testament to the efforts of our entire product design team, as we continue our focus on creating innovative fitness solutions to help our customers reach their fitness goals,” said Bruce Cazenave, CEO of Nautilus Inc. “The Bowflex MAX Trainer™ is the perfect example of the unlimited opportunities to create truly revolutionary and feature-rich exercise equipment that elevates the user experience.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV