NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As I mentioned Tuesday, the oil sector was in oversold territory and I expected to see the oil stocks move higher from those extreme oversold levels. Well, that is exactly what we got in Wednesday's trading.
The DJIA was higher by 77.52 points to close at a new all-time high of 17138.20. The S&P 500 did not set another all-time closing high but was up by 8.29 points at 1981.57. The Nasdaq was higher by 9.58 to close at 4425.97. The Russell 2000, which has been in a "Trend Bearish" mode, was lower again by 2.26 points to close at 1151.55.
The Russell 2000 index is now approaching an extreme oversold condition, and if it can open to the downside on Thursday the index will be extremely oversold. The Russell 2000 is the index that I expect to see rebound in tomorrow's trading. There are many small-cap stocks that will be approaching an extraordinarily oversold condition on Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV