NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of HCA Holdings Inc. (HCA) are higher by 10.14% to $60.81 on heavy volume in mid-afternoon trading on Wednesday, as the stock continues to gain following the company's revised 2014 second quarter guidance.
HCA, a holding company whose affiliates own and operate hospitals and other health care entities, is now expecting revenue for the quarter to reach approximately $9.230 billion, compared to $8.450 billion for the 2013 second quarter.
The company's income before taxes is forecast to be approximately $904 million versus $806 million for the year ago quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
HCA is expecting net income to increase to $1.07 per diluted share, from 91 cents for the 2013 second quarter. HCA data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV