The Carolina Panthers and Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (TWC SportsChannel) jointly announced today that they have reached a multi-year programming agreement, one of the largest ever developed by an NFL club with a regional channel, that makes TWC SportsChannel the exclusive local cable TV home of the Carolina Panthers. Beginning this month, the Panthers will produce over 250 hours of programming annually for TWC SportsChannel that will air throughout the Carolinas on Time Warner Cable.
In addition to televising Panthers pre-season NFL games, Time Warner Cable SportsChannel will air nightly programs dedicated to the Panthers, live post-game and gamenight shows, a behind-the-scenes series and more, with several shows created exclusively for its viewers.
Annual highlights of the Panthers/TWC SportsChannel programming partnership will include:
- Live telecasts and re-airs of the Panthers’ pre-season NFL games
- New nightly shows titled “Panthers Roundtable” (Tuesdays – journalist roundtable discussions), “Panthers Game Plan” (Wednesdays – weekly update show complete with press conference highlights), “This Is Gross” (Thursdays – studio show led by former Panther Jordan Gross) and “Inside Panthers Football” (Fridays – Mick Mixon, the voice of the Panthers, gives fans an inside look at the game ahead) that are exclusive to TWC SportsChannel
- The television debut of “Panther Talk,” a live, hour-long team news and talk show running every Monday night for 30 weeks each year, including episodes exclusively for TWC SportsChannel’s television audience that feature extensive analysis of all that’s happening in the Panthers organization on a daily basis
- “Panthers Camp Confidential,” a behind-the-scenes pre-season series that takes fans inside training camp and features exclusive footage, interviews and true inside access to the team
- Live TV simulcasts of the Panthers’ Post-Game Radio Show running after every Panthers home and away game throughout the season
- Expanded editions of “Panthers Game Day,” the club’s Sunday night highlight show, with a second half hour available exclusively on TWC SportsChannel
- Live, hosted coach and player press conferences every week of the season
- Plus exclusive specials about the team, such as a celebration of the Panthers’ 20 th anniversary, and shows covering the Panthers’ year-round events, including extensive Panthers NFL Draft coverage and specials on rookie camp, mini-camp, free agency and the TopCat cheerleading tryouts
The Panthers’ TWC SportsChannel TV schedule begins July 23 at 6:00 p.m. with the debut episode of “Panthers Camp Confidential.” The series will air every Monday and Wednesday during Carolina Panthers Training Camp. The channel’s nightly Panthers programming kicks off on Monday, August 4 at 8:00 p.m. with “Panther Talk.”In announcing this agreement, Carolina Panthers President & CEO Danny Morrison stated: “The Panthers have always enjoyed tremendous fan support throughout North & South Carolina & our new programming venture with Time Warner Cable SportsChannel will make us that much more accessible to our millions of fans throughout the region.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts