NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of McDonald's Corp (MCD - Get Report) are down by -1.05% to $99.25 in early afternoon trading on Wednesday, following the results of a Janney Capital Markets survey which showed McDonald's franchisees' sales outlook are the lowest they've been in over 10-years, CNBC.com reports.
On a scale of one to five, one being "poor" and five being "excellent," the average score of the franchisees' surveyed was 1.84, the lowest since the firm began polling in 2003, CNBC added.
As a result of the survey Janney cut its U.S.-based McDonald's same-store sales by 2.6% for June, and by 1.8% for July.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- MCD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.86, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.28, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 43.68% is the gross profit margin for MCDONALD'S CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.98% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,907.30 million or 13.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.17%.
- MCDONALD'S CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MCDONALD'S CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.56 versus $5.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.76 versus $5.56).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MCD Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts