NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Both policymakers and hedge fund managers alike have taken a cautious tone regarding equity market valuations lately, causing selling pressure in small-cap stocks. This could ultimately limit further moves higher in U.S. equity indexes.
At yesterday's hearing in Congress, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen stated that some aspects of U.S. securities markets, such as biotechnology and social media stocks, were "stretched" in their valuations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV