NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JB Hunt Transport Services Inc.
(JBHT) are up 2.30% to $78.71 after Credit Suisse
(CS) upgraded its rating to "outperform" from "neutral" and raised its price target to $86 from $78, following the company's second quarter earnings report, which showed a 6.5% rise in profit.
Credit Suisse also raised its fiscal year 2014 earnings per share estimate to $3.17 from $3.15, and boosted its fiscal year 2015 and fiscal year 2016 forecasts to $3.87 and $4.37 from
$3.78 and $4.25, respectively.
"It now appears that we have reached an inflection point whereby the majority of the negative news over the past several months finally appears to be priced into the stock," the firm said in its note.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JB Hunt Transportation Services Inc. as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JB Hunt Transportation Services Inc. (JBHT) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV