NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- PNC Financial Services (PNC) shares are down -2% to $86.50 in pre-market trading on Wednesday after the company reported a second quarter drop in earnings from the same period last year.
The company reported quarterly earnings of $1.85, 7 cents better than analysts had expected, but worse than the $1.98 it earned during the second quarter of 2013. The decline was led by a 23.2% drop in its corporate and institutional banking segment.
The company reported total revenue of $3.8 billion, down 6.1% from the year ago period, in-line with analysts expectations.
Must Read: 20 Most Volatile Post-Earnings Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreet Ratings team rates PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC (PNC) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV