Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims on behalf of investors of Barclays PLC (“Barclays” or the “Company”) (NYSE:BCS). The investigation is focused on certain statements issued by Barclays concerning the Company’s business and operations. Investors who have losses of $500,000 or more are encouraged to contact the firm for more information.
Barclays provides various financial products and services worldwide. The investigation is related to allegations that the Company misrepresented or failed to disclose material information to the investing public concerning how, and for whose benefit, Barclays operates a private securities trading venue known as a “dark pool.” According to allegations in a complaint filed June 25, 2014, in the Supreme Court of the State of New York by New York Attorney General, Eric T. Schneiderman, Barclays embarked on a business strategy to dramatically increase the market share of its dark pool by attracting high-frequency traders to the pool and giving those traders advantages over others trading in the pool – contrary to the Company’s representations that it implemented special safeguards to protect clients from “aggressive” or “predatory” high-frequency traders.
If you purchased Barclays stock and suffered losses of $500,000 or more, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Howard G. Smith, Esquire, of Law Offices of Howard G. Smith, 3070 Bristol Pike, Suite 112, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020 by telephone at (215) 638-4847, Toll Free at (888) 638-4847, or by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV