LAVAL, Quebec, July 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acasti Pharma Inc. (" Acasti" or the " Corporation") (Nasdaq:ACST) (TSX-V:APO), an emerging biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of new krill oil-based forms of omega-3 phospholipid therapies for the treatment and prevention of certain cardiometabolic disorders, announces its financial results for the first quarter ended May 31, 2014.
"Acasti continues to make important progress in its drug development program to obtain regulatory approval to distribute and market CaPre® as a prescription drug," highlighted Mr. Andre Godin, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer of Acasti. "Recently we announced the completion of two key clinical studies, a Phase II double-blind (TRIFECTA) trial and a Pharmacokinetic (PK) trial. These trials are a key part of our expanding clinical program to evaluate the safety and efficacy of CaPre®. They are also an important component of Acasti's on-going discussion with the US food and Drug Administration (FDA) to obtain approval to conduct a Phase III study in the US. We look forward to obtaining results for the two studies in the coming months."
Financial Results: First Quarter Ended May 31, 2014
- Revenues were $56,000 for the quarter ended May 31, 2014, versus $6,000 for the quarter ended May 31, 2013. Sales in both years were generated from the commercialization of Onemia ®, the Corporation's medical food product
- Research and development (R&D) expenses were $1,219,000 for the quarter, versus $779,000 in the prior year
- Adjusted EBITDA was negative $(1,695,000) for the quarter, versus negative $(1,270,000) in the prior year
- Net Income was $1,356,000 for the quarter, versus a net loss of $(1,965,000) in the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV