NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rising oil prices have taken a meaningful chunk out of household budgets. With many U.S. cities already seeing gas prices spike north of $4 per gallon, things may only get worse, especially with geopolitical issues bringing uncertainty to the oil market.
The stock closed Tuesday at $114.46, up 27% on the year to date, doubling the energy sector's 14% gain. In the trailing 12 months, Schlumberger has rewarded investors with 51% gains, also outperforming the sector's 28% gain during that span.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV