FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
June 2014 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $254 billion in June 2014, 3% lower than May 2014 and 36% lower than June 2013. Volume from indirect sources was 45% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2014. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2014 was $769 billion, 18% lower than the first quarter 2014, and 33% lower than the second quarter 2013.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $12.1 billion in June 2014, 1% higher than May 2014 and 39% lower than June 2013.
- An average of 350,069 retail client trades per day in June 2014, 1% higher than May 2014 and 37% lower than June 2013.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 208,365 as of June 30, 2014, an increase of 4,336 accounts, or 2% from May 2014, and an increase of 17,367 accounts, or 9%, from June 2013.
June 2014 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $226 billion in June 2014, 22% higher than May 2014 and 23% higher than June 2013.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $10.8 billion in June 2014, 29% higher than May 2014 and 17% higher than June 2013.
- An average of 54,542 institutional client trades per day in June 2014, 1% lower than May 2014 and 34% higher than June 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV