NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of CSX Corp. (CSX) are lower -0.42% to $31.02 in after-hours trading after the company reported second quarter revenue late Tuesday of $3.20 billion, slightly lower than the $3.21 billion analysts surveyed by Reuters expected.
However, the railroad operator posted second quarter net earnings of $529 million or 53 cents per share, versus the consensus estimate of 52 cents per share.
CSX reaffirmed modest earnings growth for full-year 2014 and said it "remains confident in its ability to sustain double-digit earnings growth and margin expansion for its shareholders beginning in 2015."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
Shares of CSX had closed higher on Tuesday, up 0.39% to $31.15.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CSX CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CSX CORP (CSX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV