NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Elecsys Corp. (ESYS) are higher by 13.13% to $13.70 on heavy trading volume on Tuesday afternoon as the company continues to gain from its 2014 fourth quarter financial results, released Monday.
The company, which provides machine to machine communication technology solutions, data acquisition systems, and custom electronic equipment for critical industrial applications, reported earnings per share of 25 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter, compared to 18 cents per diluted share for the 2013 fourth quarter.
Elecsys' revenue was $8.7 million, a 16% increase over the $7.5 million reported for the same period last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
For the fiscal year Elecsys reported earnings per diluted share of 62 cents versus 43 cents per diluted share for the 2013 fiscal year. Revenue for fiscal 2014 increased 20% over the prior year to $30.5 million. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ELECSYS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ELECSYS CORP (ESYS) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
ESYS data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV