The deal grants GlaxoSmithKline a license to use Codexis' CodeEvolver protein engineering platform technology to develop enzymes to help manufacture its pharmaceutical and health care products. GSK can also use it to create new therapeutic, diagnostic and prophylactic products.
Codexis can receive up to $25 million in approximately the next two years, $6 million up front and the other $19 million "subject to satisfactory completion of technology transfer milestones," according to the agreement. Codexis can also receive additional milestone payments of $5.75 million to $38.5 million per project "based on GSK's successful application of the licensed technology." Finally, Codexis is eligible for royalties from net sales of some GSK products developed with CodeEvolver.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 43.26% to $2.02 at 2:07 p.m. More than 4.4 million shares changed hands, which dwarfed the average volume of 30,194. CDXS Price data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV