NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Dow component Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) beat analysts' earnings per share estimates by 12 cents, earning $1.66 a share when it reported earnings before the opening bell Tuesday. The large-cap pharmaceutical company also beat on revenue and raised full-year guidance.
While the Dow Jones Industrial Average set an all-time intraday high at 17120.34 this morning, J&J slumped to its 50-day simple moving average after leading the index until July 7.
Good news was thus priced into the company's share price upward momentum going into quarterly results. The stock set an all-time intraday high at $106.74 on July 7, which was a test of the weekly risky level at $106.61 that was shown in my pre-earnings covering all 30 Dow components posted that same day. J&J closed July 3 at $105.42 and was up 15% for the year to date on that date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV