NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JPMorgan Chase and Co.
(JPM) are continuing to gain, up 3.72% to $58.38, on heavy volume in early afternoon trading on Tuesday.
The investment banking and financial services company reported its financial results for the 2014 second quarter, showing a decline in earnings per share to $1.46, from $1.60 for the year ago quarter, JPMorgan beat analyst expectations of $1.29 per share.
The company said revenue for the most recent quarter declined 2% from the 2013 second quarter to $25.3 billion this period, but exceeded analyst expectations of $23.76 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JPMORGAN CHASE & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
JPM data by
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV