NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- No one doubts Marissa Mayer is good at her job. Prior to her being installed as Yahoo!'s (YHOO) CEO, that position was a turnstile of failed promises. But now she is under increasing pressure to come up with a strategy for the company as Alibaba readies its initial public offering.
Mayer's arrival at Yahoo! spurred an immediate recovery. Yahoo! is no longer a laughingstock. As for the stock itself, currently trading around $35.50, you'll be hard pressed to find a stronger turnaround story, even with the shares down 12% for the year to date.
Still, the company is light years ahead of where it was just 12 months ago, up 33%. Since Mayer's arrival, shares have soared 155%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV