As part of the update, Anadarko Petroleum announced a new $3 billion unsecured five-year credit facility, and a $2 billion 364-day facility. The two facilities will replace the company's $5 billion secured credit facility. The company also announcing it will issue $1.25 billion of 3.45% 10-year and 4.5% 30-year senior notes.
Anadarko Petroleum said it received #335 million in cash proceeds after selling 5.75 million common units of Western Gas Equity Partners WGP. The company still owns more than 88% of Western Gas Equity Partner.
CFO Bob Gwin noted that oil and natural gas production resulted in about $675 million in revenue in 2013. Based on first quarter results, the company is trending higher in 2014 according to Gwin.
TheStreet Ratings team rates ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP (APC) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.54%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -61.52% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,729.00 million or 30.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: APC Ratings Report