The healthcare company reported a 9.1% revenue increase to $19.5 billion, while analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected $19 billion. The company's hepatitis C treatment Olysio climbed to $831 million worldwide for the quarter, up from $354 million in the first quarter and greater than most estimates.
Johnson & Johnson reported earnings per share of $1.51 and adjusted EPS of $1.66. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected $1.55 a share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The company also increased its full-year earnings guidance, excluding items, to a range of $5.85 to $5.92, up from its previous forecast of $5.80 to $5.90 a share. The stock was down 1.31% to $104 at 10:34 a.m. JNJ Price data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV