NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM - Get Report) CEO Jamie Dimon plans to be involved running the bank at a less intense pace as he fights throat cancer and said that the company is prepared for "all scenarios," Bloomberg reports.
Doctors told him he will need to rest after he undergoes radiation and chemotherapy, a treatment that is expected to take about eight weeks, he said on a conference call with journalists, Bloomberg noted.
He said he will continue to spend time in his office and take phone calls.
Shares of JPMorgan are up 3.71% to $58.38Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 88.15%. Regardless of JPM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.99% trails the industry average.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 19.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.29 versus $4.32).
- JPM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, JPM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JPM Ratings Report