Lear (LEA) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- LEA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.9 million.
- LEA has traded 6,382 shares today.
- LEA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LEA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LEA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LEA: Lear Corporation designs, manufactures, assembles, and supplies automotive seating, electrical distribution systems, and related components primarily to automotive original equipment manufacturers worldwide. It operates through two segments, Seating and Electrical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. LEA has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Lear a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lear has been 682,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lear has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 1.2% with 0.91 days to cover. Shares are up 14.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lear as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LEA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.08% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.68% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LEA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry average. The net income increased by 12.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $108.50 million to $122.00 million.
- LEAR CORP has improved earnings per share by 30.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LEAR CORP reported lower earnings of $4.99 versus $13.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.65 versus $4.99).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.95 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Lear Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts