5 Breakout Stocks for a Market Near All-Time Highs
BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are looking springy to start this week following a less-than-inspiring performance for the first full week of July trading. After correcting 0.9% in the previous five trading sessions, the big indices turned bullish and took back half of that loss in yesterday's session alone.
That doesn't mean that investors should start indiscriminately buying. The S&P 500 is pressing up against the top of its multi-year price range this month. As the broad market sits within grabbing distance of all-time highs once again, it makes sense to turn your attention to the names that look the most likely to make moves in July.That's why we're taking a closer technical look at five charts that look buyable this week. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Stocks Ready for Breakouts Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV