Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and HPV S.A. today announced the opening of Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura in the city of Santiago, Chile. The opening marks the second Hyatt-branded hotel in Santiago and introduces the Hyatt Place brand to Chile and the South American continent.
Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura. Guestroom with Andes Mountain View. (Photo: Business Wire)
The first Hyatt Place hotel outside the United States debuted in Central America with the 2012 opening of Hyatt Place San Jose/Pinares in Costa Rica. The Hyatt Place brand has since grown its brand presence in Latin America and the Caribbean with locations in Puerto Rico, Mexico and now Chile. Expansion is set to continue in the region later this year with anticipated Hyatt Place hotel openings in Mexico and Panama.
As Chile continues to cement its rank of being one of the best places to do business in Latin America, backed by its 2013 designation as such by The World Bank, the country is an important business and leisure market for Hyatt. The opening of Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura is an important step in Hyatt’s growth in strategic gateway and regional markets throughout Latin America.
“Hyatt’s history in Chile spans more than 20 years, beginning when Grand Hyatt Santiago welcomed its first guests,” said Myles McGourty, senior vice president of operations, Latin America & Caribbean for Hyatt. “Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura brings one of the newest brands in Hyatt’s portfolio to Chile, and we look forward to sharing its unique approach to service with a new segment of travelers looking for approachable style and design. It is an exciting time to be growing in Chile.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV