NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Comerica Inc. (CMA) are higher by 1.52% to $51.31 at the beginning of trading today, after the company reported a 2% increase in net interest income for the 2014 second quarter to $416 million, compared to $410 million for the year ago period.
The financial services company posted a $12 million increase in non-interest income to $220 million for the most recent quarter, over the 2013 second quarter.
Comerica's net income was $149 million, or 80 cents per diluted share, compared to $137 million, or 73 cents per diluted share, for the same quarter last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The consensus estimate was for earnings of 76 cents per share, NASDAQ reports. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COMERICA INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate COMERICA INC (CMA) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
CMA data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV