The stock up 1.32% to $49.91 in pre-market trading on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.14% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KROGER CO has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KROGER CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.90 versus $2.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.28 versus $2.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry average. The net income increased by 4.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $481.00 million to $501.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,780.00 million or 10.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, KROGER CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.61%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KR Ratings Report