The stock was down 2.54% to $44.12 in pre-market trading on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $400.00 million or 9.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.16%.
- CAMPBELL SOUP CO has improved earnings per share by 11.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMPBELL SOUP CO reported lower earnings of $2.16 versus $2.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.53 versus $2.16).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Food Products industry average. The net income increased by 1.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $181.00 million to $184.00 million.
- 38.98% is the gross profit margin for CAMPBELL SOUP CO which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CPB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CPB's net profit margin of 9.34% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CPB Ratings Report