REDWOOD CITY and SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, and NetApp (Nasdaq: NTAP), a global leader in storage and data management solutions, today announced that they are expanding their cloud partnership. The two companies now provide an expanded offering of private storage solutions for the public cloud including NetApp Private Storage for Microsoft Azure, through the Equinix Cloud Exchange, which makes connecting to the cloud simple and convenient.
As part of today's announcement, Equinix and NetApp delivered test results revealing that data throughput between NetApp Private Storage customers and Microsoft Azure rose by an average of 36 percent when the two services were connected via the Equinix Cloud Exchange instead of via public networks. These tests illustrate significant performance gains companies can achieve when accessing multiple cloud and IT services inside Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers. Additional results from NetApp's testing of the Equinix Cloud Exchange can be found in the Equinix blog: NetApp, Microsoft and Equinix Deliver Secure, Scalable Hybrid Cloud with Private Storage.
NetApp and Equinix began their partnership in 2012 to give customers complete control over their data while using scalable compute from Amazon Web Services (AWS). Building on the success of the AWS offering, the expanded partnership and new solution for Microsoft Azure enable the two companies to meet customer demands for leading public clouds. By deploying NetApp Private Storage in Equinix data centers with Equinix Cloud Exchange, enterprises place data next to AWS and Microsoft Azure to combine the elasticity and cost benefits of public cloud compute with performance availability and control of private NetApp storage and data management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV