BEIJING, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New Oriental Education and Technology Group Inc. (the "Company" or "New Oriental") (NYSE:EDU), the largest provider of private educational services in China, today announced that Mr. Yunlong Sha will resign from his role as the Company's Senior Vice President for personal reasons, effective July 31, 2014.
Michael Yu, New Oriental's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "On behalf of the board of directors and management team, I want to express our sincere gratitude to Yunlong for his contribution to our company. Over the last 13 years, he has helped to grow our business in Beijing, Guangzhou and Northeast China, and has played an important role in helping New Oriental become the most trusted name in private education in China. We wish him every success for the future."
Mr. Qiang Wu, the deputy head of New Oriental's Beijing school, will succeed Mr. Sha as head of the Beijing school.
About New Oriental
New Oriental is the largest provider of private educational services in China based on the number of program offerings, total student enrollments and geographic presence. New Oriental offers a wide range of educational programs, services and products consisting primarily of English and other foreign language training, test preparation courses for major admissions and assessment tests in the United States, the PRC and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online education. New Oriental's ADSs, each of which represents one common share, currently trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ''EDU.''
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV