WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen on Tuesday delivers her semi-annual monetary policy testimony to the Senate Banking Committee.
Investors will be looking for any hints by the central bank head as to when the Fed may consider to raise rates, though many analysts expect Yellen will avoid being too specific just two weeks ahead of the next policy-making meeting.
"The hearings are nominally about monetary policy but they usually evolve into debates over fiscal and regulatory policy," Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, an investment bank, wrote Monday in a note to clients.TheStreet's Joe Deaux has you covered from Washington with live coverage of the event. -- Written by Joe Deaux in Washington. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV