3 Retail Stocks Driving The Industry Higher
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 121.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.62 million to $3.59 million.
- The gross profit margin for CHEROKEE INC/DE is rather high; currently it is at 55.22%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 36.06% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- CHEROKEE INC/DE reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHEROKEE INC/DE reported lower earnings of $0.72 versus $0.82 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.08 versus $0.72).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts