American Water (NYSE: AWK), the nation’s largest publicly traded water and wastewater utility company, today announced that its President and CEO Susan Story is participating in the 2014 National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) Summer Committee Meetings on July 13-16 in Dallas, Tex.
Story is presenting today on the "View from the Top: Dealing and Succeeding with Uncertainty" panel with top regulators, consumer advocates and other industry executives who will discuss how they are managing in an era of uncertainty, and what they are doing about some of the most pressing challenges facing the utility industry today.
Additionally, Jim Jenkins, vice president of Rates ＆ Regulatory Policy is presenting on a panel titled "Funding and Access Issues in Storm Damage Response - Setting the Record Straight", where he will join representatives from public power, energy utilities and water companies in a collaborative dialogue on issues surrounding storm damage response funding and access.
The NARUC Summer Committee Meetings will host utility regulators from every state in the U.S., along with federal and international officials. The meetings will focus on the latest in regulatory trends, sharing best practices and staying current and engaged in the essential utility sectors, including electricity, natural gas, telecommunications and water.Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,600 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found at www.amwater.com. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for American Water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV