NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Adidas (ADDYY) are up 2.92% to $50.12 after the German sports footwear, apparel and accessories firm declared a World Cup victory over rival sporting-goods providers a day after the country's soccer team won its fourth world championship in Brazil, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The company outfitted the German national team and Argentina, the team it defeated, and is counting on the tournament to increase sales this year and is targeting soccer-related revenue of EUR2 billion, or $2.7 billion, the Journal noted..
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV