Trade-Ideas: Facebook (FB) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock
- FB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 billion.
- FB has a PE ratio of 85.4.
- FB is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- FB is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- FB is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- FB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- FB has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FB: Facebook, Inc. operates as a social networking company worldwide. It provides a set of development tools and application programming interfaces that enable developers to integrate with Facebook to create mobile and Web applications. FB has a PE ratio of 85.4. Currently there are 31 analysts that rate Facebook a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Facebook has been 54.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Facebook has a market cap of $129.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 2.3% with 1.03 days to cover. Shares are up 21.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Facebook as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FB's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 71.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although FB's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.02 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 13.15, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 177.77% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 151.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, FACEBOOK INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Facebook Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts