NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gentiva Health Services (GTIV) shares are up 1.6% to $16.07 in pre-market trading on Monday after Kindred Healthcare (KND) increased its offer for a 14.9% stake in the company to $16 per share from $14.50 per share.
Kindred, the Kentucky based long-term healthcare provider, initially made a bid for approximately $533 million in May for Gentiva, which the company turned down. Kindred has stated that it will not increase its bid for the company again unless Gentiva agrees to negotiate and show that the company is worth more.
Kindred shares are flat in pre-market trading today.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV