Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will open the doors to its latest Mariano’s store, located in Shorewood at 950 Brook Forest Avenue, on Tuesday, July 15, at 6:00 a.m.
Shorewood is the tenth Mariano’s to open of the 11 former Dominick’s locations acquired by Roundy’s in December 2013. The newest Mariano’s location will add 450 new jobs to the community. Across its 26 locations, Mariano’s has created approximately 10,750 jobs in the last four years.
“Our Shorewood customers will find an enhanced selection of premium food selections and a wide variety of organic and natural offerings,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “Shop well. Eat well. Live well
. These three concepts are not just a mantra – they guide everything that we do to ensure the perfect customer experience.”
The Shorewood location will provide signature Mariano’s experiences including fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, house-made Italian sausage and signature Bella cupcakes. The store will also feature luxury wines from all regions, a specialty cheese shop featuring many artisanal, imported and domestic cheeses, as well as a bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, donuts and rolls baked daily.
Mariano’s Shorewood will also offer the following, among other features:
- Vero authentic Italian coffee and gelato shop features premium coffees fresh-roasted locally and homemade gelato
- Floral department showcasing over 30 varieties of cut flower bunches and unique, recipe-specific bouquets plus floral arrangements from in-house designers
- International aisle highlighting global cuisine with tastes from 15 countries, as well as an expanded kosher food selection
- A dietitian available for nutrition consultations, cooking demonstrations, education classes, and health screenings
- Full-service pharmacy that features friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
Mariano’s ongoing commitment to making a positive impact on the communities it serves will be demonstrated at a ribbon cutting event this morning. The Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to two local food pantries dedicated to serving the Shorewood and Joliet areas. In Shorewood, the Restoration Christian Church Food Pantry provides 250 families each month with food and clothing. Nearby, the Judson Church Soul Food Pantry welcomes anyone who may be in need.