FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] continues to expand its product lineup, announcing a 200-seat version of the 737 MAX 8 at the Farnborough International Airshow. This option gives airlines 11 more seats of potential revenue.
"This new 200-seat 737 MAX 8 ensures we'll retain our leadership in comfort, capacity and lower operating costs in the heart of the single-aisle market," said Boeing Commercial Airplanes president and CEO Ray Conner. "With this increase in capacity and confidence in our engine and airplane testing, we're on track to deliver a 20 percent more fuel efficient product than today's Next-Generation 737."
The 200-seat 737 MAX 8 is the latest addition to Boeing's comprehensive product and services lineup. It follows last year's successful launch of the 787-10 Dreamliner and the 777X to complete the industry's most efficient widebody airplane lineup.
Boeing's 787-9 Dreamliner will be featured in the flying display at this year's air show, only days after the first delivery of the 787-9 to Air New Zealand."Our current and future widebody products leave no gaps in the market. Now that we've positioned ourselves for future growth, we're focused on executing on our plans and production rate increases—delivering superior value to our customers," added Conner. To meet demand, Boeing is now delivering the 737, 777 and 787 at record production rates, with future increases already announced. Going into the Farnborough International Airshow, Boeing has booked 649 net orders—including an order from Emirates for 150 777Xs finalized last week. "The market for commercial airplanes is stronger than ever, and we're doing everything we can to get Boeing products into the hands of our customers as soon as possible," said Conner. Contact: Doug Alder Boeing Commercial Airplanes Communications +1 206 660 2978 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV