NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It is extremely important that investors and traders understand the risk/reward for a stock both before and after a company reports quarterly earnings.
So far in 2014 the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up just 2.2%. Among the index's components, Goldman Sachs (GS) is down 7% year to date, while Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is up 15% and JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is down 4.6%. These three are among the stocks slated to report earnings before the market opens Tuesday.
Also scheduled to report is regional bank Comerica (CMA), which is up 6.2% so far this year while the regional bank index is up just 2.5%. Community bank Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK) is up 16%, while the ABA Community Bank Index is down 1.4%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV