3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Lower
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TGS's share price has jumped by 62.85%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $61.94 million or 9.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TRANSPORTADORA DE GAS SUR's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 15.79%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 35.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSPORTADORA DE GAS SUR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.96%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.26% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 143.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $22.29 million to -$9.78 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts