LM Ericsson Telephone Company Stock Downgraded (ERIC)
- ERICSSON reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ERICSSON increased its bottom line by earning $0.58 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.79 versus $0.58).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 77.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $184.59 million to $327.41 million.
- 41.60% is the gross profit margin for ERICSSON which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ERIC's net profit margin of 4.46% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, ERICSSON's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, ERIC has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.