Pixelworks (PXLW) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- PXLW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- PXLW has traded 230,409 shares today.
- PXLW is up 3.4% today.
- PXLW was down 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PXLW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PXLW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PXLW: Pixelworks, Inc. designs, develops, and markets video and pixel processing semiconductors, software, and custom ASIC solutions for digital video applications. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pixelworks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Pixelworks has been 941,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pixelworks has a market cap of $196.5 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 13.1% with 1.33 days to cover. Shares are up 69.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pixelworks as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, PIXELWORKS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PIXELWORKS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PIXELWORKS INC reported poor results of -$0.48 versus -$0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus -$0.48).
- The gross profit margin for PIXELWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.49%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -18.51% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 146.15% to $1.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PIXELWORKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.94%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 53.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.41 million to -$2.51 million.
- You can view the full Pixelworks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.